Friday, October 26, 2012

An Eventful Night

Tonight was fairly warm, so the slugs were out in full force, and they seemed to have two things on their minds: eating and mating. "Isn't that what they usually do?" Yes...but tonight the frequency of those actions was multiplied. Everywhere I looked there were slugs crawling around, looking for food or, having found it, stuffing their faces. Moreover, I couldn't walk five feet without stumbling upon a mating couple. Ah, food and sex, two staples of the college boy and apparently two of the (few) activities that preoccupy a slug. Anyway, I was able to collect some more data on mating behavior, and I believe I've found the evidence I need to prove my hypothesis. Unfortunately the photos didn't come out as crystal-clear as I'd hoped (it's so hard to focus in low-light), but I think you can see what's happening well enough. If necessary, I'll run them through PHOTO-PAINT to accentuate the contours.

Be on the lookout, then, for more mating photos. Now, in case you're getting weary of this topic (though I hope you aren't), I do have photos of many other creatures which I'll be posting at the end of this series. Next up, though, are edited photos showing the contours of the penes, the latest mating photos with bearing on my hypothesis, and a post about the last phase in the mating process: withdrawal.

No comments:

Post a Comment