Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Mating Slugs: Copulation - Penial Appendix - Part 2

Having shown you a series of photos of the genital appendage which I believe to be the appendix, I'm now going to emphasize the contours on a few of them so you can better see the shape of the organ. I edited these in Corel® PHOTO-PAINT X3.

Couple 11:

 Couple 20:

 Couple 24:

 Couple 25:

Based on these photos, I made a 3D alteration in PHOTO-PAINT of the genitalia diagram. I'm afraid it's not very polished (I'm new to Corel), but it should help you to visualize the diagrammed appendage in three dimensions.
Adapted from original diagram © R. Forsyth, modified by K. Weigel, University of Florida
In the next post I will discuss actual copulation, showing photos of the extruded penes.

No comments:

Post a Comment