Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Taking a Break

Some of you will be glad to know that I'll be discussing creatures other than slugs for a while. Although I haven't exhausted the topic of slugs' mating behavior, I believe I've given you a thorough analysis of it, so now I think it's time to switch gears. The slugs are still about at night, but they're not as active as before because of the cold weather. Unless we have another warm night, I probably won't get any new pictures until spring. That being said, I'll keep an eye out for anything interesting and pass it along. Also, I have some unpublished slug photos that I plan to show later, dealing with topics such as unusual (and sometimes humorous) mating behavior, parasites, and cannibalism among slugs. (I'm still debating about the last two topics as some of you might find the photos unpleasant; yet the information they convey is important and, in its own right, fascinating.)

But for now, the subjects of my next posts will include a swimming ladybug, a hungry spider, industrious ants, a furry moth, and a spiky little insect yet to be identified. Due to the weather, it's getting harder to find subjects, and equally as hard to stay warm, so I might have to take a hiatus through winter, unless you would like to see pictures of songbirds or Shelties!

No comments:

Post a Comment