Thursday, December 13, 2012

Slug Eggs: Clutches #17, 18, 19, and 20

Here are photos of the new clutches of slug eggs (Lehmannia valentiana) that I've found recently. Remember that I haven't searched for several days during the last couple of weeks, and that I can't possibly find all that are laid in my yard, so the numbering system only applies to my findings, not to the actual number of clutches, which is probably larger.

Clutch #17 (at least 12 eggs; newly laid):
**Note: Do not assume that the slug in the photos is the parent.


Clutch #18 (about 6 eggs; newly laid):


Clutch #19 (about 22 eggs; newly laid; possibly 2 clutches):


Clutch #20 (about 7 eggs):

The eggs are hard to see because they're so clear: they're on the end of the leaf in the middle of the picture.
One of the hatchlings from this clutch, apparently. Isn't he adorable?

No comments:

Post a Comment